Going green is a beautiful, life-changing experience. When you make the decision to go green, you become a part of a much bigger movement. But going green is a long, hard road. Some people will brush you off as a tree-hugging hippie, while others will simply ignore you and your cause.
Here are 5 inspiring and thought-provoking go green quotes that will motivate you to continue fighting for the planet. They go beyond those common catch phrases you’re used to hearing, like “Earth day every day,” or “Reduce, reuse, recycle.”
1. “All of us have a God in us, and that God is the spirit that unites all life, everything that is on this planet. It must be this voice that is telling me to do something, and I am sure it’s the same voice that is speaking to everybody on this planet – at least everybody who seems to be concerned about the fate of the world, the fate of this planet.” – Wangari Maathai
2. “I wake up in the morning asking myself what can I do today, how can I help the world today. I believe in what I do beyond a shadow of a doubt. I gave my word to this tree and to all the people that my feet would not touch the ground until I had done everything in my power to make the world aware of this problem and to stop the destruction.” – Julia Butterfly Hill, activist who lived in a tree for 738 days to save old growth forests
3. “I see the whole field of environmentalism and population as nothing more
than the survival of the human species. I have wanted to have some bumper
sticker made up saying ‘Save the Humans’. At the bottom of it all, we are
trying to save ourselves.” -Ted Turner
4. “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When
we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with
love and respect.” – Also Leopold
5. “The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.” -Ross PerotYou can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.